Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Last Day of Term.

Last day of term, I can't believe it. Everyone was still psyched up about the Olympics, especially when it was officially announced that the winners were none other than the awesome Team Tembo. :) My voice was hoarse from all the cheering but I didn't have to raise it, it was a really chilled out day.

I gave each of the kids a card I had made for them and a picture of the class.  I was expecting the usual "Maaaadam, this one has a bigger card than meeee," but they all went really quiet and read their cards. When they finished they all started laughing and chatting and swapped cards to read eachothers. Fikiri shouted "God bless you Madam! God bless you!" and all the girls rushed up to hug me. Even Hamisi hugged me! I told them how proud I am of them and they told me they'd never forget me. We walked up to the field together where both the boys and girls won their football games and I sat in the sun getting my hair plaited into a strange teepee-like structure by a bunch of giggling kindergarteners. It was a good day. :)

Class photo Take 1: Sensible poses.

Serious faces...

Class photo Take 2...

Class photo Take 3. :)

Maintaining calm and dignity.

The weird and wonderful Bonface Mwendwa.






No comments:

Post a Comment